Thursday, January 26, 2006

A Sweet Story

Monday night we experienced a Snow Squall. Apparently at age 32, there are still weather conditions that you've never heard of! In case you've never Squalled before, it's like a cross between a mini-blizzard and a real bad thunder storm.

It started right as I was putting Elias to bed. A couple claps of thunder roared about five minutes after I had left Elias' room. We muted "American Idol" and didn't hear him crying. Another five minutes passed and the thunder shook the entire house for a few seconds! I went upstairs to check on Elias, and he was still snuggled in his bed as I had left him but he had little tears streaming down his face. I asked him if he wanted to come back downstairs for a little while. "OKAY!," he shouted as her bolted out of the bed and into my arms!

He came downstairs and sat on the sofa with us and watched TV, then he played in his playroom for a little while. An hour or so later, the storm had stopped and Elias was ready for bed again.
As I took him upstairs, he kept saying, "lay down with Daddy!" I figured he wanted me to lay next to his bed till he fell asleep, but when we made it up the stairs he bypassed his room and went straight to my bedroom. He climbed up into the bed, and laid down in him Mommy's spot and pulled the blanked up over him.

So I layed down next to him in my spot. "Good Night Daddy!," he said. He put his hands behind his head like he was laying on a hammock taking a nap.

About an hour later, Jen gently woke me up! Elias and I were both fast asleep in our bed!
It was a really cool night, and one of those times where I felt so lucky to be a daddy!

Shut up! Every story doesn't have to be funny!

1 comment:

amy@flexibledreams said...

Awww, that's actually really sweet Ed. Who was watching Tanner though :)

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: