Thursday, May 11, 2006

Two Mickey Notes

If you've got little Mouseketters in your house, you've got to tune into Disney Channel's latest addition to their Playhouse Disney lineup! Mickey Mouse Clubhouse features Mickey, Donald, Goofy and the rest of the gang in brand new adventures designed specifically for 2 to 5 year olds! It's very much inspired by Blue's Clues and Dora The Explorer as Mickey and friends have simple missions and the kids at home help out. At least a couple dozen times in each episode, Mickey turns to the audience and asks for help in figuring out colors, shapes, sounds and other very basic skills that preschoolers are mastering. It's very simple, and very cute. If you aren't too keen on letting your little one watch TV, this is one show you should consider letting them watch. Besides the fact that it's commercial free, it's fun to watch with them and help them play along, and it's awesome to see the look on their face when they think Mickey is talking to them, congratulating them on a job well done.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in on Disney Channel Saturday & Sunday mornings at 9:00am. Even if you don't have kids, you should check out the very infectious song
Hot Diggety Dog performed by They Might Be Giants at the end of each episode. (They also do the theme song.)

In other news, In case you just can't get enough of my writing I'm now doing some writing for the Disney DVD website Ultimate Disney. This site has grown over the last few years as one of the major sources on the internet for news on upcoming DVD releases from The Walt Disney Company. I've been a big fan of the site for a few years now, and I just joined the staff as a writer on their weekly newsletter. The newsletter goes out to about 1200 subscribers, I just finished my first issue that was sent to readers earlier this week. By summer's end, I'll also be writing DVD reviews for the site which I'm pretty excited about. Of course, I'll be blabbing about everything I do over there on this site....so ya won't miss a thing!!!!

The Ultimate Disney Newsletter is by subscription only. If you want to see it, but not subscribe, e-mail me and I'll send you a copy!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: