Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Simple Things

Sometimes it's just a silly little thing that can bring peace and happiness to your day. This morning we had breakfast at Roberts Family Restaurant, a little no-frills place where the food is good and the prices are low. They put on a good breakfast with tasty little sandwiches, malted waffles, and fantastic smoked sausage. We don't go there too often, even though we all really like it. One time, years ago, I had a chili-cheese omelet there that was out-of-this-world fantastic, it was the special that day and I haven't seen it there since. Well, today when we walked into Roberts I was filled with joy when I saw the chili-cheese omelet as the special of the day. I ordered it and it was a delight! As stupid as it sounds, I was so happy to have the goodness of the chili-cheese omelet on my breakfast plate!

Not to go on about omelets here, but as you may know I am a HUGE fan of the Pizza Omelet at Ocean City's Dough Roller. Yesterday I was informed of another place in O.C. called General's Kitchen that serves up a cream-chipped beef omelet. This also sounds delightful and I must seek it out and try it on our next visit to Ocean City in a few weeks!

In the meantime, the projects at home keep coming! Not as elaborate as the swing set (see previous post) but today I put together this new swing in the backyard to replace the old one that was getting pretty gross. It only took an hour.

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: