Saturday, June 24, 2006

Who Doesn't Love a Good Carnival


One of the things I like most about living in a small town is the number of little carnivals that pop up all summer. There are two that are under a 5 minute drive away, and at least five more within a 15 minute drive. Growing up in Howard County, MD the only carnival like attraction that we had near us was The Columbia Fair which is now called The Howard County Festival of Wine and Arts and Interior Decorating...or something gay like that!? These rural "fireman's carnivals" are the real deal with home cooked foods, high-levels of white trash roaming the grounds, and carnival employees dripping with the latest in sexualy transmitted diseases!

So, last night we packed the kids in the car and visited the first of many carnivals that 2006 will offer. We played lots of games and won lots of crap! We had lots to eat (carnival pizza is some of the best pizza you'll ever eat!) And we went on some rides. Elias had a fit because he couldn't ride the giant swing ride (kind of like this one) but he did love the Fun House and all the other kiddie rides he rode.

Guess what!? I took a handful of pictures and they are all up over at Wonderful World of Pictures. Here's a little video for you to also enjoy...

1 comment:

DasBecca said...

Oh, I LOVE carnivals... I wish there were more around here. It's my favorite thing about summer, actually. :-)

I hope you don't mind me commenting-- I found your site through a series of links off YouTube. I have a son named Elias, too, and I happened on a video of your little guy. It just proves my theory that all Eliases are cute. Heh.

All the best to you and your family!

Mobile Version Now Available!.

Follow @edsouth on Twitter!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: