Thursday, July 27, 2006

Little Plastic Figures vol. 3

It's still very hot in our house without the air conditioning. Our house doesn't have enough windows so we're not really getting any cross-currents and it's just miserable! So, let's take another visit to the collection of Little Plastic Figures before they all melt!

Starting from the left we have Gizmo from one of my all-time favorite movies GREMLINS. I've mentioned my love of GREMLINS several times on the blog here before. Since I was 11 when the movie came out, I don't have much merchandise from the first time around. This little guy I picked up near the release of GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH when I was 17 and had some money of my own.

The fancy lady standing next to Gizmo is Ms. Pac-Man. She and her husband are enjoying a surge of popularity in our house right now as my 2 1/2 year old son is in love with everything Pac-Man (that's awesome!) Trivia Question: What is Ms. Pac-Man's first name!?? A: Pepper

Pedro is next in the collection. No, not Napoleon Dynamite's sidekick; this Pedro is the mascot of South of the Border a roadside attraction in South Carolina that is just about half way between the Baltimore/Washington area and Walt Disney World traveling on I-95. As you can imagine I've been to S.O.B. many times, and I was obsessed with it as a kid. In fact, it deserves it whole post all it's own! Let me just say that over the years the charms of S.O.B. have worn off and I now find the place absolutely disgusting!

The last two guys in our line-up are Elroy Jetson and his dad George. These toys are from the Wendy's Kids Meal promoting JETSONS: THE MOVIE which came out in 1990. Wendy's traditionally gets the short end of the stick when it comes to their Happy Meal toys. McDonald's and Burger King score all the big movies and popular characters, case in point Wendy's recently had Six Flag's Kids Meals. (We got a keychain of a penguin with the Six Flag's logo on it!???) Sometimes Wendy's lame Kids Meals fill the gap when the big boys are too busy promoting movies that make money. As for me, I couldn't have been more excited to see JETSONS: THE MOVIE when it came out. My mom let me skip summer school that day so I could ride my bike to the theatre and see the first show! Good Times!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: