Sunday, July 30, 2006

Pizza-Like Things

There's an old saying that goes: "Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good." I don't know what that has to do with anything except that I've never had embarrassingng pizza! I love pizza just as much as the next American guy, but I really love when they take the goodness of pizza and infuse it into another great food. Take for instance the Pizza Omelet from The Dough Roller in Ocean City, Maryland. I know I've mentioned the Pizza Omelet a couple times in the past month or so...but that's because it's so good. I got to have one a couple of weeks ago and I made sure to take a picture to share it with ya all. It's soooooo goooood!!! Inside the fluffy three egg omelet is tons of gooey mozzerella cheese and thick-cut pepporonni slices. Then the omelete is topped with Dough Roller's famous pizza sauce. It is a DEE-light!!! The eating highlight of a trip to the ocean.

Closer to home, I get my Pizza-Like eat on at a little place called Crabb's Tropical Treat. Tropical Treat is located at 2279 Carlisle Pike in Hanover, PA. It's an old fashioned drive-in (like in the end credits of THE FLINTSTONES) that was built in 1953 and little has changed since then. They have speakers that you drive up to and order you food, and then you sit in your car and wait for one of the carhops to bring your meal to you on a tray that hooks to the side of your car. Among the items on their menu you'll find the Fat Boy (their version of a Big Mac) and a French Poodle (a deep-fried hot dog) and my favorite: the Pizza Burger Sub. I've had many a pizza burger in my day, and Tropical Treat's is far and away the best. It is outrageous. They use good burgers and rich mozzerella cheese that they melt on top of their delicious pizza sauce. They spinkle a little hot pepper on top just to give it a kick. I'm telling you, this sandwich is absolutely out-of-this-world! It is easily the best burger in town. I always order it with a side of Texas Taters (huge crispy western cut fries) and an Extra-Large Cherry Lime-Aide. Soooooooo Goooooood!!!!! I'm getting hungry just thinking about them!

If you know of any other good pizza-inspired foods...let me know!!!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: