Monday, August 21, 2006

Ahh...Birthday Memories

Today is the big 3-3 for me! Happy Birthday Me! This picture is from my 10th birthday party back in 1983. It was Smurf themed and everyone was supposed to wear a Smurf shirt to the party. The two boys next door were "too old" for Smurfs so they wore their Pac-Man shirts, which was a nice touch I thought! Also, if you look closely enough you can see I have the Smurf board game on my lap...I assume a gift from one of my friends with good taste! The boy in the background with his arms in the air is none other than my friend from down the street Ryan Tripp. You might know Ryan's mom, Linda, from a certain White House scandal a few years back! I don't know where my brother was when this picture was snapped!? I know he had a Smurf shirt too!

Here's some other stuff I did on later birthdays:

My 17th birthday was the first time I drove without one of my parents in the car. What better way to show I was mature enough to drive their car around by driving my friends to the theatre to see DUCKTALES THE MOVIE.

My 19th birthday I was in Walt Disney World with my buddy Chris. My dad told me I could pick anywhere in Disney World for dinner. I chose a restaurant called Ariel's, named after THE LITTLE MERMAID. This pissed my father off (as always) because he thought I chose some little girl restaurant. Turned out Ariel's was one of the fanciest places in all of WDW. It was a real nice restaurant with the only references to the movie were the seafood menu and the sketch of Ariel on the menu! Great meal...Expensive! I ate shark!

My 21st birthday was awesome and it didn't involve a drop of liquor. It was the first day of a leadership retreat in college. Quite literally, all my friends were there! After the day full of workshops and all that crap, we had a (Flintstones) cake and a party and it was a good time. Also on that day I made alot of new friends, including a one Mr. Joey Carwash!

As my 30th birthday approached I didn't have all the depression and feelings of getting older that so many people get at a milestone birthday such as 30. My birthday fell on a Thursday, and the following Tuesday we were expecting the birth of my first son...my own birthday came and went and I didn't even realize it because I was so excited about Elias coming!

No big plans for this birthday! I'm really in the mood for some Chuck. E Cheese breadsticks, so maybe we'll head out there tonight! Happy Birthday Me!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: