Saturday, August 19, 2006

Kings Dominion Post Card - 1987

The Wonderful World of Blog offices are now equipped with a scanner, courtesy of my in-laws. (Thanks Pa & Jen's Mom!) Now I can bring to you all kinds of crap that I've been saving for years...like this almost vintage post card from Kings Dominion! Can you name all these guys?

As I've shared before, Kings Dominion used to be home to the whole galaxy of Hanna-Barbera characters. A few select favorites are still hanging in there as Spongebob and Dora the Explorer keep grabbing all the attention.

The first two guys are Fred Flintstones and Barney Rubble. (The bottom of your bare feet would be that black too if you walked around with no shoes on for millions of years!) Next to Barney is world's first superhero, Captain Caveman. Cap'n used to ride around in a van with three hot teenage girls solving crimes that Scooby-Doo and his van of teenagers didn't have time for.

Next, of course, you know our good friend Yogi Bear along with Scooby-Doo. Scooby-Doo still has a few attractions at the park including a recent interactive dark ride. Yogi Bear used to be your host at Yogi's Cave - one of the greatest attractions ever!

Rounding out the group we have Hong Kong Phooey, the mild mannered janitor who, when duty called, would hop into the file cabinet and become a superhero. An almost forgotten member of the H-B family, his show recently got the DVD box set treatment!

So now that I've got the scanner, you can look forward to all kinds of tacky, unimportant nonsense...like more about Kings Dominion, more Dog and Bunny comics, photos from before the age of digital and so much more! As always, thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the Wife is kicking me to go camping maybe another trip to the Yogi Bear Camp ground is in the works? Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

I not only know the names of all these characters...I know the names of the guys in the costumes when the post card was made. I was in Barney Rubble, and my brother Scott was in Hong Kong Phooey. The photographer was a guy named Jay. Seems like it was just yesterday !
Bruce

Bruce said...

I not only know the names of all these characters...I remember the names of the guys in the costumes. I was in Barney Rubble, and my brother Scott was in Hong Kong Phooey. I worked at KD for 17 years, a few of them as a costume character. I remember the day that photo was taken. That post card sure brings back memories! Not a bad job...just HOT!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: