Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Look at Little Wendy's Over There...

When it comes to the world of Happy Meals/Kids Meals, Wendy's doesn't get to step up to the plate and play with the big boys very often. McDonald's and Burger King always get the big tie-in promotions for the latest movie, tv show, toy or whatever it is the kids are crazy for these days. In the past few months Wendy's Kids Meals have featured toys celebrating Six Flags Amusement Parks (we got a penguin with the Six Flags logo on his tummy, I'm not sure what that has to do with any amusement park..but o.k.) and this summer's Tim Allen movie ZOOM (What? There was a Tim Allen movie this summer called ZOOM? Exactly!) So, I was pretty surprised when I pulled into the ol' Wendy's drive-thru today for a quick lunch and found my good buddies Snoopy and Woodstock starring back at me from the menu board. Wow! Wendy's rolling out some major cartoon characters for their Happy Meal, I thought to myself. I was pretty impressed with what Wendy had up her sleeve until I realized that I'm 33...Snoopy is cool to me but these kids today with their iPods and their Pokemon don't have a clue who Snoopy and the Peanuts gang really are. Ehh...to hell with `em! I still thought it was a cool Happy Meal, and my 3 year old son knows who Snoopy and Charlie Brown are, so it was all good in my house!


The prize inside these Peanuts Kids Meals are one of four different little plush characters. They have Charlie Brown, Woodstock, Snoopy sitting up, and Snoopy laying down. It seems to me that if you're adopting a franchise with at least a dozen characters you could do better than to duplicate one when you're only making four. The coolest part of the promotion is the bag has several of Charles Schulz' classic comic strips on it, so you have something to read while you're chowing down on your Big Bacon Classic. Can't go wrong with some vintage Peanuts comics and artery clogging food!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will purchase immediately!! For my dollar, you just can't beat a Number 6 Biggie sized! (Out here that's a spicy chicken sandwich.)

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: