Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Why Do I Still Have This?


This is no good reason why I still have this piece of paper in my possession. Canada's Wonderland is one of Kings Dominion's sister parks, located in Toronto. On a cross country trip in 1986 I begged my family to stop at this amusement park so I could put another feather in my "Smurf Attractions Visited" cap. Upon entering the park property and paying for parking with that colorful Canadian Monopoly money, we were handed our parking pass, a park map and this coupon for a free ticket if you returned a few weeks later to see He-Man and She-Ra Live! I was pretty excited to see the Smurfs (yet again) but He-Man and She-Ra!? I never dreamed of such amusement park/cartoon character glory. Alas, there was no way we were going to be anywhere near Toronto that following September or October to meet and greet the Masters of the Universe of the Princess of Power. I guess I've held on to this ticket for 20 years in the hopes that my dreams would never die! Twenty years, people! T-w-e-n-t-y! That's pretty sick! Actually I just always thought it was pretty funny. Apparently they could only find drawings of the action figures to promote this event! By the way, when is She-Ra going to make a comeback!? I'm all about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so ready for she-ra to make her comeback. I even had the electronic toothbrush with holder even though I never used it, it was scarry for a small kid like I was. I'm with you on this one!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: