Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ahhh, B*Witched

I'll be the first one to admit that I listen to some of the crappiest music every made! The completely producer-created, mass-marketed bubblegum pop that is made for the sole reason of making money - I love! Expose, Sweet Sensation, Samantha Fox, Kylie Minogue, The Party, PYT, the list goes on...I can't get enough of it! Yesterday, I pulled out one of the CD's that had made it's way to the bottom of my CD rack, the 1998 self-titled debut disc from Irish Spice Girl wannabes B*WITCHED. I popped the orange disc in my car CD player and cranked it up. I forgot how GREAT they were! They were just four young ladies from Ireland; Sinead, Edele, Lindsay, and Keavy with a song in their heart and a special blend of Irish folk music and British tenny bopper pop. Their closest thing to a hit in the U.S. was the uber-catchy "C'est La Vie", but they also rocked it out on "Rev it Up", "Rollercoaster", "Blame it On the Weatherman" and "We Four Girls". All good stuff!

This was the one group I liked that I dragged other people into liking! (CM, MM, BK...what up!?) Sadly, B*Witched went the way of so many other musical geniuses like S Club 7 and Stacie Q...nobody knows what the heck happened to them!

But we'll always have our memories, the fantastic CD they put out, and this music video...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bottom line? I never stopped loving B*Witched and I never will.

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: