Friday, January 26, 2007

It's a Smokey and the Bandit Kind of Week

One of my favorite movies, which some friends and I are semi-fanatical about, is the 1977 car crash classic SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT staring Burt Reynolds, Sally Field, Jerry Reed and the legendary Jackie Gleason. So imagine my surprise and delight while flipping through the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly and saw this brand new full page ad for M&M's. It's the Bandit himself Burt Reynolds as a little M&M dude, sporting his BANDIT attire and standing along side the famous 1977 Pontiac Trans Am (also from the film).
The ad is promoting M&M's new website Become an M&M.com, which has something to do with making an M&M character of yourself. I went to the website and there was nothing about SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT there so I kind of lost interest...but the ad is cool! Next I'd like to see M&M's of The Golden Girls, the Police Academy recruits, and The Apple Dumpling Gang!


So then a couple of days later, I was strolling through the isles of my local Target and spotted a very cool Smokey and the Bandit T-shirt, with that trendy retro-vibe thing going on. Very Cool! Somebody out there that can fit into T-shirts such as this, please buy one and wear it for me! Seriously, if you wanna get one: Target doesn't have them on their website but I found this other place called 80's Tee's.com that has a selection of five different SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT t-shirts. What a great way to say "I Love You" to your valentine this year!


No comments:

Mobile Version Now Available!.

Follow @edsouth on Twitter!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: