Saturday, February 24, 2007

Never Leave Home Without Them


Credit Cards...Shhhmedit Cards! It's important to keep vital information on you at all times, especially in the case of an emergency. That's why for the last 18 years I've been carrying around my Alf Fan Club Card and my Debbie Gibson International Fan Club membership cards. In all honesty, they didn't make the cut three years ago when I downsized my wallet, but I've still got them! I used to love joining Fan Clubs and getting mail back in the day. The Alf Fan Club came with stickers and a quarterly newsletter that I still have a few issues of. (surprise!) I'll have to share some of those at a later date. I also doubled this card's usefulness by writing my mom's work phone number on the back, when I was in high school. So, it's served many purposes over the years. When I go to a Chinese restaurant and show my Alf Fan Club Card, they know they don't have to pretend that there's not cat-meat in my entree!
My Debbie Gibson Fan Club card has always brought me a certain amount of pride, as you can see I was one of the first 500 people to join her fan club when she first became popular at the end of 1987. Before Debbie's flame of pop culture relevance burned out in 1990, her fan club boasted a membership of hundreds of thousands of members. I'm not kidding! Even if your not a fan of her music, ya gotta admire Deb. Even though Debbie appeared nude in Playboy a few years ago, she never resorted to shaving off all her hair and attacking a car with an umbrella just for attention! I told ya, that Deborah Gibson is all class!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: