Monday, April 09, 2007

Long Live the Ghost of Ann Jillian

The other day in the shower I started singing the theme to JENNIFER SLEPT HERE, and why not...right? What the heck is JENNIFER SLEPT HERE? It's an old sitcom from the 80's about an actress named Jennifer (played by Ann Jillian) who gets run over by an ice cream truck, dies, and then continues to reside in her Hollywood mansion as a ghost while a family from New York moves in. Oh...any only the teenage son can see Jennifer. It's comedy gold, I tell you! I remember watching this show often when I was younger, but according to my crack Internet research only 13 episodes ever aired, back in the 1983-84 television series. I must have just been on the right channel at the right time. Apparently the ratings were pretty good, and it even popped up in the Top 10 shows for the summer of `84. But NBC yanked it after it's initial run. Still, it was a good show and I'd be first in line to buy a DVD set of the entire series. Ya think that might happen!?



Honestly, beyond the catchy theme song and the fact that the boy usually talked to Jennifer in the attic, I don't remember much about the show. But here's my favorite episode titles:
  • Boo
  • One of Our Jars is Missing
  • Rebel With a Cause
  • Do You Take This Ghost
  • The Tutor Who Came to Dinner
  • This was Ann Jillian's big role after appearing in the very successful film MR. MOM. After this show, it was pretty much TV movies, guest appearances and another great forgotten sitcom IT'S A LIVING - where she played a waitress working at a fancy restaurant on the top floor of a skyscraper. That was a great show too!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: