Sunday, July 08, 2007

Oh Colorforms!


You'd probably expect to find an article here along the lines of: "Hey remember Colorforms? They were awesome. I had a Smurf set and a Dukes of Hazzard set!" But this here post is to inform you that you can actually still get your hands on a box of Colorforms! First of all, I hope you remember what Colorforms are!? They are reusable vinyl stickers that come with their own colorful background. You can use the stickers which feature characters and props from different TV shows to make your own scene. It's simple and old fashioned but it still works. I stumbled upon a whole selection of new Colorforms sets at a small toy store in Delaware a few weeks ago. I picked up a Spider-Man set for the boys, they also had several sets based on Nickelodeon shows, some girly stuff like Strawberry Shortcake and books like the Very Hungry Caterpillar. Elias loves the set and will play with it for a very long period of time, having Spider-Man shoot his web at all the different bad guys. Of course, everytime Elias adds a new element to his picture I have to come look at it but it's cool that he's into the same simple toy that I loved so much as a kid.

I haven't seen Colorforms in stores around me but you can order them at AreYouGame.com.

1 comment:

Ladytink_534 said...

I vaguely remember playing with those when I was younger. I've recently been helping my packrat uncle-in-law clean out a room that's been used for storage and I ran across a He-Man one from the late 80s.

Mobile Version Now Available!.

Follow @edsouth on Twitter!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: