Friday, January 11, 2008

Virtual Windmill

I spent many of my childhood hours playing video games on the Atari 2600. A good chunk of that time was invested in a Jim-Dandy of a game known as Miniature Golf. Made in 1979, Atari's Miniature Golf brings all the thrills and chills of Mini Golf to your living room without all the....walking?!? In Miniature Golf you assume the role of Medium-Sized Blue Square. Your objective is to get you small yellow square into the tiny blue rectangle.

But Watch Out! There are obstacles on the way: like Back and Forth Moving Bigger Red Square! He'll knock your 2-bit butt all over the place if you're not careful! Miniature Golf on Atari is also unique in that the course is made up of holes that resemble nothing you'd actually find on a real Mini Golf course. This screen shot on the left I guess is supposed to represent a castle. The other holes are made up of random yellow obstacles.


I'm making a little fun of this game, but it's actually one of my favorite games from my childhood and I did spend a ridiculous amount of time playing it back in the day. It's nice that the one half-sport I did play as a child I could also play laying on my floor in my bedroom. Ahh...good times!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: