Friday, February 08, 2008

On The Air with Mr. Ed

Here's another stupid photo from my college days. This is a lame publicity shot for one of my first radio shows on the campus radio station. I was very involved with the radio station in college, eventually ending up as the station's general manager. But before that all happened I started out as a DJ on a Friday afternoon time slot when the campus was empty and just about nobody was listening. While the rest of the DJ's played "college music" and alternative records, I came in with my collection of terrible music and comedy recordings and stood out from the pack a little bit. The following semester I was given a much better prime time slot where "Mr. Ed and the Afternoon Nut Hut" debuted. This publicty shot shows crazy ol' me in my zany Hawaiian shirt with my on-air sidekicks Wacky Jackie and Steve "More Music" Michaels.



After years of pouring my heart and soul into the radio station, it closed a year after I left. The station's studio has since been renovated into offices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! Look how young and skinny I was! Thanks for the memories Ed! Ma-na-ma-na! :-)

Mobile Version Now Available!.

Follow @edsouth on Twitter!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: