Saturday, April 05, 2008

Keeping Up With The Flintstones




In a post on another blog that I check in with often they've got up a collection of photos of props from Star Wars that they've seen in various places throughout the years. It got me to thinking about about the number of props I've seen from one of my favorite movies, The Flintstones. Unlike most movies, EVERY SINGLE thing that appears on screen in both THE FLINTSTONES (1994) and THE FLINTSTONES IN VIVA ROCK VEGAS (2000) had to be created from scratch. So there are quite a bit of prop items floating around. The only picture I ever thought to take was this one here of Fred's bowling balls and team uniform at the Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. The Planet Hollywood in Baltimore had a few pieces of Flintstones memorabilia, and I even saw Fred's car and several full size playground props at Universal Studios Florida a few years back. The greatest treasure trove I ever hit was at a store that sold movie memorabilia at Pleasure Island in Walt Disney World. Among other items, they had lots of the women's jewelry from the film as well as the time card that Fred has stamped/chomped by a dinosaur on his way out of work. Most of these pieces were several hundred dollars which is too rich for my blood no matter how much I love The Flintstones. But the one piece I could have had was a single piece of Bedrock currency (little shells with dollar signs on them.) They were selling for $35.00 a piece, I thought long and hard about it but eventually passed on it. I could have at least taken a picture! I'm sure shortly after I left the store I spent $35.00 on something to eat.

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: