Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tim McGraw Fritos


As you should know by now, if they put a picture of a cartoon character on a grocery item I'm going to buy it. The same isn't necessarily true for pictures of country music stars, but when I came across McGraw's Spicy Jalapeno Fritos at my local Wal-Mart I had to throw a bag into my cart just for "blog's sake!" It's not everyday that a celebrity gets a food product named after them. The package says nothing about Tim McGraw other than the name of the snack and his picture and signature. I was expecting the back of the bag to have a little homespun story of how Tim McGraw's grandmother used to spend hours in the kitchen shaving jalapeno slices on to their home made corn chips while Tim sat on the front porch and learned to play guitar from his grandfather. But no - just a picture of Tim.

But then we ripped into the bag of treats and we knew that Mr. McGraw was onto something with these Spicy Jalapeno Fritos. They are outrageously good! We ended up scarfing down a whole bag of them in a matter of minutes. They're not spicy-hot that you need to drink a gallon of cold milk after a handful, they've got a nice natural taste of jalapeno dusted on them. They taste just like when your grandmother shaved jalapenos onto your fritos when you were little.

Anywho, I guess these bad boys are in limited supply because our Wal-Mart ran out of them already. We stocked up on a few bags when we saw the supply getting low, but then we ate all those bags too! Well played Tim McGraw....well played!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for this, but I really think that Tim McGraw's spicy jalapeno is Faith Hill's business and nobody else's. Jeez. Was that product title vetted _at all_? ;-)

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: