Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Barbie Does Wilma

O.K...first of all, the only reason I get Barbie Collector in the mail is because at some point I signed up to get all of Mattel's catalogs. But instead of sending me the Hot Wheel's magazine or their general toy book I get Barbie Collector and the Little People Catalog! That being said, check out these totally sweet Flintstones dolls they've got out! Barbie sporting Wilma and Betty's fashionable prehistoric look. They pretty much nailed the detail too. Both Wilma and Betty's dress are pretty much the same as they appeared on the tv show. The only difference is the skirt and the mink around their shoulders (which I would bet could be removed.) They've even got their hair and jewelry down right. Good Show, Barbie!


Then they've also got Kelly and Tommy dressed up as Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm. First question here is, What's a Kelly and Tommy. Without a TV show or a movie, how am I supposed to know who Kelly and Tommy are? I guess maybe a 5 year old girl knows!?! These little dolls are also fairly accurate as well.


You know these dolls are for adult collectors because anyone in the Barbie demographic has no idea what the Flintstones are. Still, for only $45 bucks for the Wilma and Betty that's a pretty affordable collectible for a grown-up Flintstone or Barbie collector.


My only dilemma: do I display them next to my Flintstones stuff or next to my Spice Girls dolls?

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: