Thursday, September 04, 2008

Does Anyone Still Smoke a Corn Cob Pipe?

My cell phone was ablaze yesterday with text messages and phone calls from friends sharing the news of the passing of Jerry Reed. Known to my friends and I as "Snowman," Jerry Reed was a country singer who also appeared in all three Smokey and the Bandit films. If you ever hung out with my friends and I during our college years, there's a good chance you saw Smokey and the Bandit at least once! Reed played Burt Reynolds sidekick in the first two films and then took over the leading role when Reynolds bowed out of the third film. Seriously, Smokey and the Bandit is easily one of my favorite movies of all time and arguably one of the funniest movies of all time. The Snowman will be missed!

* * *
My kids have never been ones to just fall asleep any old place. If it's not nap time or bed time and they aren't in their bedroom, there's a good chance they'll keep chugging all day long. So, it was very amazing and funny when Tanner decided to konk-out on the floor right inside the front door of the house. Not only did he choose this odd spot on the hardwood floor but he was out cold for an hour and a half! He was a bit disoriented when he woke up though.



And...feast your eyes on these bad boys:


We were huge fans of the mini-burger appetizers at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Since our local CiP closed it's door a few months back, we're tried the "Sliders" craze at other restaurants but we haven't found any that really hit the spot the way Cheeseburger in Paradise's did. So I took it upon myself to create our own homemade versions of Sliders. I don't want to brag or anything, but I nailed the taste pretty good. I used frozen mini-Bubba Burgers, I think next time if I used fresh ground beef and seasoned it well before cooking they'd be even better. And I should have used a chopper for the onion instead of hand chopping it. The onion pieces should be smaller. But, in the end it was a good dinner!



1 comment:

amy@flexibledreams said...

That's a great picture of Tanner!

Bravo to you for trying out the burgers. They look great!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: