Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Wish I Had a Blue Tounge

Among my more idiotic near & dear memories is one of my favorite amusement park snack stands of all time. It was a little stand in the Hanna-Barbera section of Kings Dominion that sold two special items. First, they sold Smurf shaped french fries which is quite honestly one of the coolest things you could ever wish to eat and second, they sold Smurf soft serve ice cream! Yes, it was just regular ol' soft serve ice cream with a hint of blue food dye but it was still awesome! Today you can still get blue soft serve at Kings Dominion but it's sold as Blue's Clues Ice Cream and I don't need to tell you that it's just not the same! I think the Blue's Clues ice cream uses imitation smurfberries instead of the real thing!?!

Not surprisingly, I also have a weakness for Smurf flavored Snowballs. Again, I realize that Smurf flavor and Skylight flavor are the exact same thing...but if a Snowball stand puts "Smurf" on their list of flavors, then I'm usually ordering it. (Unless they have "Spice Girls" flavor...then it's a toss up!)

While seeing if I could dig up any pictures of Smurf Ice Cream or Smurf french fries, I discovered that in other parts of the world "Smurf" is a fairly standard flavor of ice cream and ice cream-like products. Smurf a look at these pictures from different parts of the world:







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was always a big fan of Batman snowballs, even though it was just cherry mixed with grape.

Spice Girls might sound like a strange flavor, but it was way better than the "Titanic" flavor that debuted the same year!!!

Ladytink_534 said...

Ooh! Very neat. Never had smurf ice cream before!

Jessie said...

One of the pure happiest moments of my childhood: coming out of the ball pit (HB Land had 2 in the early 90s), sun setting, walking down the path with my mom, and my dad was waiting for us with... SMURF ICE CREAM CONES. Pure happiness.

Mobile Version Now Available!.

Follow @edsouth on Twitter!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: