Wednesday, February 04, 2009

20 Guys I Admire

Here's another Meme going around: 20 Men I Admire. First off ladies, don't be offended...there's a separate list out there of 20 Women You Admire. This one is about dudes and my list includes both the living and the dead. When you think about it, sometimes it's hard to distinguish between those you admire and those who's work you enjoy. I'm a fan of all these guys work, but I am also intrigued by them as a person. I've read many of these men's biographies. Anywho, here's my list...

1) Walt Disney animation pioneer, film producer, father of the modern theme park

2) Jim Henson television pioneer, children's television advocate

3) David Letterman television personality

4) "Weird Al" Yankovic comedic musical artist

5) Don Geronimo radio personality

6) John Lasseter film director, computer animation pioneer

7) Milton Hershey entrepreneur

8) Kevin Smith film director, writer

9) Charles Schultz cartoonist

10) John Waters film director, writer

11) Paul Smith archivist

12) Hugh Hefner publisher

13) Thomas Edison inventor

14) Lorne Michaels television producer

15) Bob Newhart actor, comedian

16 & 17) Bill Hanna & Joe Barbera television animation producers

18) Alec Baldwin actor, father's rights advocate

19) Regis Philbin television personality

20) Rick Sebak documentary filmmaker



3 comments:

amy@flexibledreams said...

Great list. If someone showed me this list and asked me who wrote it I would immediately think of you.

The Admin said...

I love that you admire Don Geronimo, but where's the love for buzz and mike.

Ladytink_534 said...

Great list! Disney would be my number one... and then the original 9 Old Men followed by a few others like Rex Harrison, Cary Grant, etc.

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: