Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Flintstones Live at Kings Dominion - 1993

I've always enjoyed the sheer tackiness of the shows at amusement parks, especially when that show involves people dressed up in cartoon character costumes. These particular shows would involve people in giant cartoon suits flopping around on stage for 15 to 20 minutes dancing to a prerecorded soundtrack. When I was in college I took a girl to Kings Dominion and she was less than thrilled to have to sit through a production of "The Hollyrock Squares". In recent years, Kings Dominion has paid less attention to their entertainment offerings than they did in their heyday. Luckily, I found this great old clip on YouTube of one of the old Flintstones shows at Kings Dominion from 16 years ago. I'm pretty sure this isn't the one I made my date sit through but you still get the general feel of it all. Check out the horrible Flintstone style rock-puns, the minimal choreography, and somebody trying to pass themselves off as the voice of Fred Flintstone. (Don't worry, it's only a minute and a half clip!)


1 comment:

Tom said...

I really have been enjoying your blog today! I heard about your blog from Laura's. All the best, Tom

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: