Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Parade

Here's some this and thats that you can stuff in your basket...

*At Tanner's preschool they have a little Easter parade every year where the kids make Easter bonnets or Easter Ties and then they march around the building visiting other classes. Of course it's tradition that the boys make ties and the girls make the bonnets but Tanner has to go against the flow of traffic and he insisted on making an Easter bonnet. Not just any Easter bonnet, but one with pink chicks and bright yellow ribbons on it. Then he got mad if anyone called it a bonnet, it was just an Easter Hat he insisted!


*Batman has taken the top spot in our house this week as favorite Super Hero/thing to play all the time. Elias has been especially enamored with The Riddler's cane, so we made a crude version of our own using a paper towel roll, a cut up pizza box and some construction paper. It got the job done for the time being, but Elias wanted to make a more realistic cane. I took him up on the challenge, and we're currently in the process of making a Riddler cane out of wood with a plastic question mark on top and then painting the whole thing yellow. We'll get some pics up when it's all done!

*I've been holding on to two links forever, thinking I was going to do one of those Weekend/Friday Fun Links post...but I've only collected two over the last 9 months so now is as good a time as any to dump them on ya: My friend Amy sent me a link to instructions on how to build your own Flintstones car! (If anyone wants to build me one, I'd appreciate it!) And I wanted to show you all this awesome shopping cart that another friend posted about a while ago. I would shop anywhere that had these carts!

*The other night while climbing into bed Tanner said, "I hope the man that makes the thunder storms and rain doesn't come tonight!" And I asked, "Who is that man, Tanner?" And his response...."John McCain"

*In my travels I pass a homemade sign on the side of the road that says "Mini Donkey For Sale" The sign has been sitting there for at least three years which makes me wonder...Is the donkey still mini-sized!?
Mobile Version Now Available!.

Follow @edsouth on Twitter!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: