Sunday, June 21, 2009

Disney's Yacht Club Resort

Among all the things we brought back from our week in Walt Disney World, the one thing we didn't pick up in a gift shop is the nasty horrible illness that my wife and I have both been fighting since we got back. Jennifer started getting sick on Tuesday when we left Orlando, and it hit me pretty hard Friday. I haven't felt like doing much but I'm dragging myself to the computer to finish the post that I uploaded pictures for a few days ago.


For the last handful of Disney trips that we've taken as a family we've always stayed at one of Disney's Value Resorts. We like them and they are perfect for those traveling with little ones. This trip we managed to snag a pretty good deal since all the rooms were booked at the Value resorts and they offered us a room at Disney's Yacht Club, one of their Deluxe Resorts. Needless to say, it was very nice and we were a little blown away by how fancy it all was. The picture above is the main entrance and if you look closely you can see my family standing on the balcony right over the check-in area. That was our room. We had a beautiful room with a gigantic balcony. It was actually shared by three other rooms but it was still bigger than you could imagine.

Here's some pics I snapped of the property. You can click on the pictures to see them larger.

Behind the resort is a private beach and across the water Disney's Boardwalk resort serves as a backdrop.


Mickey light in our room.



We had dinner poolside one evening. There is a two-acre pool area with slides and pools and a lazy river (which the lifeguard needed to rescue us from)




Unmade beds, but here's a glimpse of the nautical theme of our room.

The lobby was gorgeous. There's a boat captain standing in the lobby greeting everyone as they enter and among the various items sitting around the lobby is this giant globe. The kids are busy looking for a Hidden Mickey on the globe.

I'll have better Disney World posts for ya when I feel better. For now, back to the sofa for another episode of The Golden Girls.







1 comment:

Laura said...

A little slice of paradise!

We enjoyed a belated anniversary dinner at the Yachtsman's Steakhouse a few years ago. It was amazing. We stayed at the Beach Club for a couple nights on that trip. I also love Beaches & Cream...

The sand-bottom pool is my favorite of Disney pools, although you can't go wrong with any Disney pool (or resort!).

Thanks for sharing -- feel better soon!

Best wishes,
Laura

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: