Tuesday, August 04, 2009

My Week In Movies - Fixing the Pixar Band-Aid

The Incredibles (2004) This is the only Pixar film that I did not fall in love with. As such, it's the only Pixar film that I don't own the DVD of. Seeing as how my kids love all things Super Heroes, they had been wanting to see this movie for quite sometime. I figured I'd give it another chance since it's always bothered me that I didn't connect with the film like the rest of America did. Bottom line, for me anyways, is that The Incredibles doesn't deliver the solid laughs that Toy Story, Monsters Inc., and Finding Nemo had. Action sequences are the bread and butter of this animated movie. On my first viewing I found some of the fighting scenes a bit boring. On my second screening this past week, I found the film a little more charming. It has heart, and a good story and good characters as all the Pixar films do. It just never comes through with the big belly laughs. The action scenes aren't quite as drawn out as I remember them but I'd still have to put The Incredibles at the bottom of my Pixar list.

No comments:

Mobile Version Now Available!.

Follow @edsouth on Twitter!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: