Tuesday, September 29, 2009

All That And A Bag Of Chips:
5 Favorite Vending Machine Selections

Hey look, another vending machine related post! I gave it some long hard thought and for no reason whatsoever I came up with a list of the five things I most like to get out of a vending machine...because everybody has their favorites!


Chuckles You can find Chuckles in stores and in vending machines but either way they are hard to come by and I always associate them with snack machines. Chuckles are pure candy delight with five distinct flavors. The black and the red are my favorites, but yellow, orange and green aren't too shabby either. The best way to eat them is to bite them in half and then try to jam your tongue into the jelly goodness of one half. To much information?

Big Texas Cinnamon Roll Texas is known for it's cinnamon rolls, right? This is a must go-to when you need to substitute something in the snack machine for an actual meal. The Big Texas Cinnamon Roll (or BTCR as it's known in circles) is probably one of the biggest items you'll even find in a machine. It's pretty hardy. Unfortunately, it has the caloric equivalent of two McDonald's value meals so I only eat them when I know I ain't gettin' dinner anytime soon.



Hard Pretzels If you're gonna do things right, you really need to get your hands on hard pretzels made by Snyder's of Hanover, and I'm not just saying that because I used to live one block over from their factory. Snyder's uses the right kind of salt on top of their pretzels plus they are baked just right. Hard pretzels give you all the chewing and chomping you need with out all the artery clogging goodness of the Big Texas.


Zero As far as candy bars go, I prefer alternative selections. Snickers and Milky Way are all fine and dandy but sometimes you need to dig a little deeper to find some new flavor sensations. If you've never had one - it might sound gross. The Zero bar is caramel, peanut and almond nougat covered in white fudge. Good eats, my friend! Good eats!


Robotically Made Sandwiches Packaged in Triangle Containers There's something about these sandwiches that just makes them so good! Perhaps it's whatever they put on it so the bread doesn't get all soggy or perhaps it's the completely artificial ingredients. I'm quite sure not one real egg makes it into one of these egg salad sandwiches, but that doesn't mean they aren't tasty as all get out! Plus, this is one vending machine selection that is an actual meal. If you dig up a few more coins for a bag of chips and a coke, you've got yourself quite a little feast going on!
Please add your favorites in the comment section...



2 comments:

mpm said...

I love me some triangle packaged sandwiches!!

Really, anything that is unique or strange I will go for (Fried Pickle Spears anyone?)

I like to see these in vending machines: Snowballs

Corinne said...

I've never actually tried one of those triangle-packaged sandwiches-how does it not get super soggy or really dry? Now I'm curious...

I was a big fan of the Honey Bun in our high school vending machine and somehow managed to stay at 100lbs eating one every day for a while as my lunch. It'd be nice if that'd work now. 100lbs was many, many honey buns ago :-)

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: