Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Retro Joe

The line of G.I. Joe action figures (i.e. dolls for boys) was first introduced in 1964 then later again released in 1982 and most recently within the last year on the heels of the movie G.I. Joe The Rise Of Cobra. I've never really been a fan of G.I. Joe, but I appreciate their place in pop culture plus I'll have a toy gun held to my head to watch the new movie when it comes out on DVD soon. My younger brother had quite a few figures and vehicles and we would spend hours building elaborate "mountains" for them by taking sheets and covering layers of boxes and different toys. We'd take cardboard paper towel rolls and use them as tunnels and we'd hang kite string all over the place for the Joes to slide in on. I don't want to brag but it was pretty darn awesome! Anywho...we found this old flyer for the second line of toys floating around my mom's house. There's even an order form to join the Official G.I. Joe Mobile Strike Force. Sounds important!

click on the images to enlarge



No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: