Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Week In Movies - D.C. & Vegas

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009) [PG] I'm almost embarrassed to have enjoyed this movie as much as I did, which is kind of sad in and of itself because I had no problem enjoying The Hannah Montana Movie a few months ago. In this second instalment, Ben Stiller travels to Washington D.C. and does comic battle with another group of historical figures and artifacts come to life. Amy Adams plays Emilia Earhart, Bill Hader is General Custard, and thanks to CG - Abe Lincoln rises from his chair in his memorial and does some wacky shtick. It's all so silly and fluffy and good natured that you can't help but crack a smile while watching. It's a good flick for a Family Movie Night; the violence and action is slapstick and the language is kept clean throughout.

The Hangover (2009)[R] The first movie to be rewatched by me since starting "My Week In Movies" early last year. (Isn't that exciting?!) This painfully funny movie is still alot of fun a second time around and now that it's hit DVD it's sure to become a "quotable classic". My favorite: "Tigers love pepper. They hate cinnamon."

Read my original write-up: My Week In Movies 6/28/09

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: