Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Launch of edTunes: The Gambler

Believe it or not, I put alot of thought into this blog. I've been wanting to start a new department spotlighting music but I was having trouble deciding what song I should kick off with. Finally I came to the conclusion that it really didn't matter, just get the darn thing started so today we present our newest feature: edTunes. (See, it's kind of like iTunes, but I replaced the letter I with my name.) This new feature will spotlight music from a couple of different angles. We will have music from favorite artists of mine, songs that I want to spotlight or that I just might have in my head and we'll take a look at some odd and rare clips. Sometimes it will be the video that we're looking at, other times it will just really be the song we want to pay attention to. Either way, most of the clips will be from YouTube so there will always be something to look at. Maybe I'll figure out how to put iTunes links on here so you can load up your iPod with great songs like mine!

First up, is one of my all-time favorite songs The Gambler, by rotisserie chicken guru The Gamber himself - Kenny Rogers. I loves me some Kenny Rogers. I've had the fortune to see him perform live twice and it's always a treat. The man knows how to entertain a crowd without breaking a sweat! The performance we're going to take a look at today is from a 1979 fourth season episode of The Muppet Show.

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: