Wednesday, January 02, 2013

My Week In Movies - December 2012 Wrap Up

As always, December brings hours of Christmas goodness to be watched. This year I fit in some of the traditional classics like one of my newer favorites Miracle on 34th Street. And there is nothing greater than hearing a 7 year old belly laugh at the ABC Family cut of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It just wouldn't be Christmas without A Very Brady Christmas and another made-for-TV staple Good Luck Charlie, It's Christmas! I caught some new-to-me classics like The Bells of St. Mary's and Holiday Affair and you can't overlook the really wonderful A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas...even in 2D! I've heard so much this year about Love Actually being a really great Holiday film, but I actually didn't care for it at all. However, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Four Christmases, another recent holiday flick that was recommended to me by a friend.

New Movies: I caught the new Step Up: Revolution which is just as goofy as the other three, if not quite a fun. Brave was much better a second time around and Monsters Inc. 3D is another example of how the new technology adds a little something extra to an already fantastic Pixar movie.

Here's my monthly rundown from best to worst:

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)
Monsters Inc. 3D (2001/2012)
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Return of the Jedi (1984)
Brave (2012)
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (2011)
Die Hard (1988)
Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult (1994)
A Very Brady Christmas (1988)
Good Luck Charlie, It's Christmas! (2011)
Four Christmases (2008)
Jingle All The Way (1996)
Step Up: Revolution (2012)
Holiday Affair (1949)
One Magic Christmas (1985)
The Bells of St. Mary's (1945)
Love Actually (2003)

December Movie Count: 18

2012 Movie Count:
236 Movies!!!
up 33 movies from 2011

3 comments:

mpm said...

I hope there will be a year-in-review post listing the best of the best!

mpm said...

Return of the Jedi...ahh...one of my all time favs.

Ed South said...

MPM, was working on the notes for such a post when I read this! Happy New Year!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: