Sunday, August 06, 2006

Cartoon For a Quarter

Does anyone remember this bad boy from the pre-VCR days? This was a coin-operated booth that you would sit down in, insert a quarter, and watch a cartoon projected from behind the screen. I used to LOVE this thing! There was one sitting right outside the Pantry Pride where my mom did our shopping when I was a kid. While she was checking out, she would give me two dollars and I would get a slice of sausage pizza at the pizza place next store (pizza place still there!) and then use to change to watch a cartoon in the little booth. They usually had the great Terrytoons lineup which included Mighty Mouse, Heckle & Jeckle, and Deputy Dawg and sometimes they would have Hanna-Barbera shorts or Walter Lantz films like Woody Woodpecker, Andy Panda and Chilly Willy. Again, this was before VCR's when you couldn't watch whatever you wanted to whenever you wanted to. This was a big treat! I loved that machine. I haven't seen one in probably close to 20 years. I'd love to get my hands on one someday and have it in my home! I'm sure my wife would love that too!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: