Monday, August 14, 2006

Sorry, Pirates

Another two movie weekend for me! Yesterday day afternoon I finally settled in for a screening of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I hate to dis a Disney movie but I gotta say it didn't really do it for me! I think part of the success of the first film was that nobody expected a movie based on a theme park ride to be any good, and then it turned out to be outstanding. This second go-round is another two and a half hours of the same kind of thing except with less sword fights and a lot less humor.

There are some funny parts, and there are a few good fight scenes but all-in-all the movie felt like it was on auto-pilot. I don't know if I'll be roped in for the third installment, even though the film does a good job of making sure that everyone who coughed up eight bucks to see this one will be back in line next summer to shell out nine dollars to see the conclusion.

In other Disney news, Disney's California Adventure and Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom are currently planning a live stage show based on the hit Disney Channel TV-movie HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL. Wow...feel free to log off and scrape your eyeballs out with a grapefruit spoon!

1 comment:

amy@flexibledreams said...

I felt the same way about Pirates 2. What was the other movie?

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: