Friday, November 03, 2006

Their Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard

One of life's most simpler pleasures is the McDonald's milkshake flavor of the month. Every year at Christmas time we can look forward to the Egg Nog shake or the Peppermint shake, and sometime before St. Patrick's Day you know Ronald's got the green minty Shamrock shakes flowing. That's good sipping too! This tradition has been going on for years and recently McDonald's has taken to always offering a fourth featured flavor every month. Most recently I sampled Mango Strawberry which was quite flavorful! McDonald's Mango shake is much better than the Mango Orange Fruiti-Tutti Frozen Colada thing that I had at Dunkin' Donuts. That thing looked like 20 oz. of egg yolk, and it tasted like it too. Just because Ponch on C.H.i.P.s liked to drink egg yolk cocktails doesn't mean I want to chug one down with my Boston Creme Bear Claw.

Anyhow, yesterday when I was out and about I noticed that the new shake flavor was Baked Apple Pie. Sounds Yummy, McDonald's! I was glad to see the boys in R&D are coming up with something new instead of just sitting around coming up with more contests that involve text-messaging codes off fry containers. Didn't get to try the Apple Pie Shake yet...It was breakfast time when I saw it, and even though I don't eat a breakfast of champions a milkshake at 6:30 in the morning seems a little rough on the tummy, unless it were called a Breakfast Shake - then I'm totally there! (In Disney World they have breakfast pizza...AWESOME!)

Easily the worst flavor of shake that Mickey D's has ever offered us was called something like "Jungle Fruit" and it was part of their tie-in promotion with the GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE movie. Jungle Fruit was apparently fruit that was actually handled by animals at one point as it tasted horrible. It tasted like expired Tastycakes mixed with Zebra droppings! I could only take two or three sips before I had to throw it away! That's probably the only time I've ever thrown food away at a fast food joint!

I wonder if my local McDonald's has the Egg Nog shake yet!? Speaking of holidays at Mickey D's, don't get me started on how they stopped doing Disney Christmas Tree ornaments years ago! Jerks!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: