Monday, November 20, 2006

Two New Shows From Two Of My Favorites

There are two brand new TV specials airing this evening from the creative legacy of two of my all-time favorite entertainers and personal heroes.

First up at 8:30 pm EST on ABC is HE'S A BULLY, CHARLIE BROWN. This is the 50th Peanuts animated special, and is based on comic strips that Charles Schultz wrote in April of 1995. He was working on the script for the special when he passed away in February 2000. The new show has Charlie Brown going up against a neighborhood bully in a tense battle of marbles. This special is the first new Peanuts offering since Summer 2003. Airing before the new show is a replay of the 1973 classic A CHARLIE BROWN THANKSGIVING, at 8:00pm EST.

To be honest with ya, I didn't know cable outfit TBS ever aired any original programming but tonight at 11:00pm EST they got a new special called THE JIM HENSON COMPANY'S PUPPET UP! - UNCENSORED. You won't be seeing Kermit and Piggy here, but what you will see are the Muppet performers doing improv comedy sketches in a comedy club setting. While I doubt the show will be vulgar, it is rated TV-MA for language. Even so, it should be very fun seeing puppets performing adult material for an adult crowd!

I'm looking forward to both show...I've got the TiVo locked and loaded! (Whatever that means!?)

Somewhat interesting sidenote: Both of my children's middle names were chosen in honor of the artists spotlighted tonight: Elias James and Tanner Charles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You told me Tanner was named after me! -Uncle Charlie

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: