Friday, December 15, 2006

Look Who Made The Front Cover

I would have posted this earlier if I had realized that Woman's World was a weekly publication but since I've never bought Woman's World before I assumed this issue would be on newsstands all month. Anyway, look who they put on the cover the other week instead of a soap opera star or country music singer...it's our ol' pal Mickey. I couldn't pass up buying it for only $1.49! Inbetween the articles on smart ways to use spray bottles and finding a natural cure for menopause Mickey serves up some recipes for some treats from Walt Disney World. Next to rides and cartoon characters, my favorite thing at Disney World is the eats. And If I can't eat any of the stuff right now, I don't mind looking at some pictures of it all!

I've never had these Chocolate-Coconut Confection Bars from the Yacht & Beach Club resort but if Woman's World says they are worth seeking out then who am I to not take their advise. Woman's World also says a French-rolled ponytail will make my hair look romantic and flirty but I'll take their word on that one!

Disney's Pop Century Resort is where we have called home the last few times we've been to WDW. Their awesome food court is one of the reasons we love this resort so much. There are alot of great menu items and everyone in my family has at least two or three favorites. This Tie-Dyed Cheesecake is a popular hit with many visitors and I've heard more than one person swear by the Twinkie Tiramisu. I haven't had the Tiramisu, the cheesecake was a little too much in the cheese department for my liking, but I'm sure you could adapt the recipe to fit your own cheesecake recipe. The recipe for these three goodies were printed in the magazine along with a Chocolate-Crusted Key Lime Tart from the Grand Floridian and a Apple-Cranberry Pie from Epcot. If you'd like the recipes, zap me an e-mail and I'll send you a scan of the entire page!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While standing in line at the market my daughter Bridget started going wild. I found out eventually it was Mickey on the cover of this mag. Of course the first person I thought of was my buddy Ed.

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: