Monday, January 15, 2007

Hey Look, More Cereal!

Let's start the week off with some more obscure breakfast cereal treats!

I guess it makes sense, people like donuts for breakfast and people like cereal for breakfast so why not combine the two worlds!? They've tried this several times and it never seems to stick. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be, Cereal R&D people. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be!

I'm always intrigued by any cereal with vanilla flavoring in it. ICE CREAM CONES cereal was little vanilla crunch balls mixed in with chocolate flavored bugles. As tasty as that sounds, it didn't last too long either. It's a shame, I liked it! But I guess nothing says "unhealthy" like having a big bowl of Ice Cream Cones to start off your day!


Remember before the first Batman movie came out, T-shirts with the Batman logo were like the hottest things on the planet? Batman Cereal rode the coat tails of that frenzy. Probably one of the slickest box designs in cereal movie tie-in history. Again, they were just little Capt'n Crunches shaped like the little Bat logo but they were tasty little buggers!



Ladies and Gentlemen, Bill & Ted's Excellent Cereal! It even features a little cartoon George Carlin on the box! Wow! Remember there was a Bill & Ted live action series as well an animated one!? What a shining moment for the human race!



I know I've gone on and on about Gremlins Cereal before but now I've got an image of the box art so I just gotta share it with ya again. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Gremlins - BEST CEREAL EVER!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon your blog during a google search. I can't believe you have Dinky Donuts and Ice Cream Cones posted! Those had to be two of my favorite cereals from when I was a kid that's no longer on the market. Loved all of the cereals in your post when I was a kid (although i seem to recall batman cereal tasting a lot like gremlins cereal and both of them tasted like Mr. T cereal, which tasted like cap 'n crunch, although its just not the same).

Anonymous said...

Referenced at:
http://breakfastbowl.blogspot.com/2007/01/cereal-and-bloggers_24.html

Mobile Version Now Available!.

Follow @edsouth on Twitter!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: