Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Worst Thing About a Boo-Boo

Everyday when I take Elias to school he is very excited to see Ms. Carrie, the lady behind the front desk. "HI MS. CARRIE!" Elias yells very excitedly everytime we open the door. "Hi Elias," she replies, "How are you today?" Elias' reply is always "Great!" And then he runs off to his classroom. This exchange happens everyday, without fail.

This evening at home, Elias scraped his finger on a little nail that was starting to stick out of the wall. He got a little scratch mark and he started crying. The first thing out of his mouth (in between all the tears): "Next time I go to school I'll say 'Hi' to Ms. Carrie and she'll say 'Hi Elias, How are you today?' And instead of saying 'Great' I'll say 'Not so good...because I have a boo-boo!'" And then he sobbed uncontrollably for about 15 minutes.

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: