Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Arts & Crafts with Weapons

Sometimes I get asked what I do all day at home with the kids. Well, some days it's just errands, swing set and TV...other days might be a little field trip. Yesterday we got creative and did some "arts and crafts" and made superhero stuff. Elias was using a book as a shield and I suggested we make our own shield out of some cardboard that I had in the garage. I thought it would be a good creative thing for him to design and color himself. However, he wanted to make a Captain America shield. So we got a book about comic books from the library and we looked up the ol' Captain and designed a circular shield like his. I drew the design and then the kids helped color it. It's made out of cardboard with a cardboard handle ducktaped on the back. The kids love it! Elias is showing off the shield in this picture.


Then I took the scraps of cardboard and made two swords for the boys, covered with tin foil for that shinny effect. While I was doing this, big brother Joey woke up and wanted to get in on the fun. He's a master duck tape artist, so he whipped out a couple rolls of his colored tape and made both the kids masks. Tanner wasn't too interested in posing for pictures, but for Elias we added a security blanket cape and he was ready to fight the bad guys:

also...

Proud Papa Moment The other day Elias was doing some kind of weird dance on his tippy toes. I asked him what he was doing. He replied, "This is the way Scooby-Doo and Shaggy run away from the ghosts." Ahhh...I spent many hours of my youth trying to perfect the "jumping up and running in place before darting off" method of leaving a room a la' Fred Flintstone.

Charming Local Site of the Week A man at a road construction site simultaneously operating his Stop/Slow sign, a walkie-talkie, a cigarette and a Arby's Roast Beef sandwich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely impressed.

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: