Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thanks For the Free Parking!

In my travels, whenever I see something advertised as "world's largest" there's a good chance I'm setting aside part of my trip to pay a visit. Although I've never visited the famed "Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota" I have seen the world's largest orange, world's largest six-pack of beer, and I've taken many rides to the top of the world's largest sombrero. While reading about San Jose, CA before my recent trip I discovered that their Discovery Park was home to the world's largest Monopoly board! Of course this shot to the top of my must see list. However, as you can see from this picture the world's largest Monopoly board was a little bit of a let down. Sure, it's bigger than a regular Monopoly game board but it really ain't all that big! Plus, it's just a board. There wasn't any World's Largest Monopoly thimble or World's Largest Monopoly 500 dollar bill...just a board. I'm told you can contact the city of San Jose and rent the playing pieces and giant Community Chest cards. I guess that would be kind of fun, but it would probably just be more fun to go to Atlantic City and find all the streets and properties listed in the game. Except Baltic Avenue...I'd probably stay away from Baltic!















1 comment:

Ladytink_534 said...

I have to agree that's a bit of a disappointment. It sounds cool though.

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: