Saturday, January 19, 2008

Classic Carts

Welcome to one of the lamest posts ever! Last weekend when I was doing the post about Zayre's bathroom I was thinking of other places where remnants of long gone stores could be found. It is then that I remember there was a whole herd of old Bradlees' carts in front of an Ollie's Bargain Outlet down the road. So I swung by and snapped a picture. Bradlees was the closet department store to our house growing up, so I spent many a shopping hour in that store. I can actually remember buying records there and I can remember the day I realized that record albums were on their way out and cassette tapes were the next thing when Bradlees redid their music department. I was pretty upset to see the records go!



I don't know if this Ollie's store was a Bradlees before or not but if you've got an Ollie's near you, there's a good chance that you can find some traces of the store that used to be there. Ollie's doesn't do much to the spaces they take over. They just move their stuff in and open the door to the public. The cool thing about a store like Ollie's (or even Big Lots) is that you never know what you'll find inside.



One more thing...Bradlees had a great snack bar too. It was called The Tulip and they had good hamburgers and orange drink!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still fantasize about Bradlee's Hot Dog's & Pina Coloda drinks. Your not the only one that misses Bradlee's. :P

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: