Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pimp My Ride - Mini Van Style

We got a new car! In Pennsylvania you have to get your car inspected every year. My 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager has served us well and I've never had any major problems with it until about a year ago when the dashboard decided that it was only going to work when it felt like it. The estimate we were given to fix the problem was $2,000! So for the past year I've driven around with a working dashboard some of the time. It worked more than it didn't until last month it just shut down for good. The car still ran fine, I just couldn't tell how fast I was going or how much gas I had. The car was due for it's annual inspection at the end of January so basically we had until then to either fix the problem or get a new car. Since the car also had a broken air conditioner, broken driver's seat, and close to 170,000 miles we decided to look for a new car. And of course we waited until 2 1/2 weeks before our deadline to really do some shopping.


Anywho...after visits to many dealers and numerous test drives we're very happy with our selection of this 2006 Dodge Caravan. It's in beautiful shape and it only has 13,000 miles on it. The kicker is that this baby is fully loaded, which we weren't looking for and didn't expect in our price range but it's like this car just fell into our laps! It's got automatic side and rear doors, DVD system, 6 CD changer, GPS, Sunroof, stow and go seats, heated leather seats...It's freakin' awesome!


I was sad to let my old car go, but I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with this one!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: