|This list was written by my 10 year old son Elias|
20.Fox McCloud (Star Fox Series) So far, we don’t know that much about Fox, but we do know that he is a great pilot and will not stop at anything (no matter how many times he does) to save his planet from devastation, whether it be Anderos (Star Fox 64),or Wolf (Star Fox). However, in the Super Smash Bros. series, we get to figure out more about him, and now we know that he isn’t just a pilot, but a worthy fighter as well.
19. Meta Knight (Kirby Series) Meta Knight may not be a main character, but that doesn’t mean he is any less awesome. Meta Knight is a little more mysterious than your average video game character, being Kirby’s friend in the TV show, “Kirby Right Back at Ya!” and his enemy in many games like Kirby Super Star. In Kirby’s Epic Yarn, he was being controlled by Yin Yarn, an evil sorcerer. One thing about Meta Knight is his name. Whenever I say Meta Knight in front of someone they think I mean Mennonite!” Apparently, a Mennonite is an Amish person. Anyway, Meta Knight definitely has some powerful tricks up his sleeve, and is certainly strong for his size.
18. Samus (Metroid Series) I will say that Samus is definitely the toughest girl around. Her robotic suit makes her a little similar to Mega Man. In terms of power, Samus is full of it. In the first Metroid game, it doesn’t give us a lot of information about why in the heck she’s going through a ship shooting Astro bugs, but we get some knowledge on that later on. Her graphics have been great in certain time periods.
17. Captain Olimar (Pikmin Series) Captain Olimar leads a life of danger, no doubt. But imagine: you’re a refugee from another planet, who will die by poisonous gas within 30 days, and the only way he can get home to your wife is by using tiny little sprouts to get your ship parts back and kill giant monsters. Sound easy? I don’t think so. That’s what I like about him. He is one of the bravest video game characters, and he uses his resources to his advantage.
16. Princess Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series) What makes Zelda so special? Her powers. And the thing is that she can teleport. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, one of her attacks is teleporting. And I really wonder: why doesn’t she just teleport out of her cage when Gannon decides to capture her. I cannot say that I know why. But that isn’t her only power. She can also shoot fireballs and control where they go. So it is pretty obvious who would win in a battle between Princess Peach and Princess Zelda.
15. Prince Fluff (Kirby’s Epic Yarn) Prince Fluff seems a little weird, being that his name is Fluff yet he was turned INTO yarn. Prince Fluff is a likable character because he and Kirby get along and they also get into mischief. They have little scenes between levels, and it’s really cute. Kirby could summon helpers in previous games, but now he has made his first official friend.
14. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog Series) Sonic is a definite classic, but he used to be a jerk, as the Sega commercials clearly stated: “Sega does what Nintendon’t”. The company was desperate for buyers, but eventually joined Nintendo. Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games were the first published Sega/Nintendo series. Sonic games are now released for Nintendo systems, and Sonic was a special character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl along with Solid Snake. Sonic is a character you will like if you play the original Sonic the Hedgehog games, but you shouldn’t play newer versions until you get used to Sonic.
13. Wolf (Star Fox Series) I’m probably or absolutely the biggest Wolf fan, because he isn’t very popular, but he is plain AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t resist him and neither will you once you be him in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He is the last unlockable character, and is Fox’s enemy. It is honestly not common for someone to take a good look at him and not like him. His appearance is just appealing, and the gear and weaponry makes him heavier than expected. Wolf is definitely the most awesome looking video game character.
12. Maxwell (ScribbleNauts Series) You can’t really know Maxwell that well because he doesn’t talk at all. But he is likable in the fact that whatever you want, he will make it, and Maxwell is the purpose of all of the possibilities in every ScribbleNauts game.
11. Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) Starfy is a lesser known video game character, but is adorable, nonetheless. He had two sequels in Japan, The Legendary Starfy 2 and 3. Starfy is not playable in any of the Super Smash Bros. games, but he is an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
10. Mega Man (Mega Man Series) Overall, Mega Man is a pretty basic character. He is kind of similar to Samus (see:18). He doesn’t have many attacks in previous games, just the Megabuster, a simple gun that shoots out of his robotic hand. However, in the new Super Smash Bros. (to be released in 2014), Mega Man will be a special character, and will have a various weapon system based off all of the bosses in the Mega Man series.
9. Pikachu (Pokémon Series) Pikachu is one of the most iconic video game characters ever. He is Ash Ketchum’s best Pokémon, and has helped him win most Pokémon battles. However, in the Pokémon games, Pikachu isn’t much of a help to anyone’s party. Many Pokémon fans wanted a Pikachu on their team, but they soon realized that there was much more powerful Pokémon, like Alakazam. But Pikachu is surely a classic, and extremely adorable, and he definitely deserves the ninth spot on the list.
8. Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) Sora is one of the easiest video game characters to get used to. A lot of talking and videos are in the Kingdom Hearts series, which helps gamers get to know him. The Kingdom Hearts series consists of an odd mixture of characters: Final Fantasy and Disney. However, Sora is not a Final Fantasy character, but he is considered a Disney character. Kingdom Hearts plays of Disney a bit more than Final Fantasy, using Disney worlds and characters (and Donald Duck and Goofy at your side) while Final Fantasy adds a different drawing style and minor characters. Sora’s weapon is one of the most memorable weapons in video game history: the Key Blade. When I first played Kingdom Hearts, I loved the Key Blade so much that I looked all over the internet to buy one. The Key Blade changes into different forms for most worlds that you complete. The Key Blade may be what makes Sora such a likable character.
7. Captain Falcon (F-Zero Series) In the F-Zero series, we don’t get to know much about Captain Falcon because he is really just a car driver of the future. We don’t even get to see anywhere lower than his face. However, in Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl, Captain Falcon is a playable character and even has a couple of stages based of his game, such as Big Blue (Melee) and Port Town Aero Drive (Brawl) . F-Zero fans used this character a lot in battle and people soon found out how awesome Captain Falcon is.
6. Rayman (Rayman Series) What makes Rayman a likable character is the adventures he takes you on. Rayman Origins was the first Rayman game that I ever played, and it is the best. The Rayman series is very creative, which I think is really missing in newer games like Mass Effect and Call of Duty. Rayman may just save the imaginative games, because it is a well known series that still produces games.
5. Link (Legend of Zelda Series) Link is very popular indeed, made in 1986 along with Metroid, Kid Icarus, and Super Mario Bros. What makes Link so cool is that he will just fight every evil thing that gets in the way of saving Zelda. I liked Link so much, I tried to get a Link costume, and I wanted an exact replica of the shield. Sadly, I couldn’t find any, so I was Dipper Pines from Disney Gravity Falls. The thing with Link is, you don’t even have to play the games to like him. I only played Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and I’m not even close to finishing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. And he’s on the fifth spot!!!
4. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid Series) Snake is BY FAR the coolest old guy EVER! He is really brave, uses high-tech weaponry, and was the start of good graphics. In 1998 people were like: “Have you SEEN Crash Bandicoot? It has great graphics!” Well, people ate there words when they saw Solid Snake. Even though he is, like, 63 or something, he can take down a bunch of giant robots with his hands, feet, and pistol. I found out about Snake when I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Then I started playing the series, and the games are remarkable. With many games that are a bit realistic, there is just something that makes Metal Gear Solid special.
3. Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper Series) Sly is just undeniable, and he is just too good to miss. He is an Italian raccoon thief who pick-pockets and is in love with a fox who is a cop. He is definitely unique, and what I like about characters sometimes is based off their weapon, and Sly passes all inspections. Memorable weapon, the Cooper Cane, great reflex and climbing skills, and uses smooth talking and Smart Alec language.
2. Mario (Mario Bros. Series) Mario isn’t really one of my favorite characters, but without him, none of these other characters would have ever existed. In the 80’s, video games reduced exercising, and grown-ups weren’t on board with that. But when Mario came around, GROWN-UPS were playing it! So video games went back in business, and eventually produced the games that some of these characters are from.
1. Kirby (Kirby Series) He’s cute. He’s powerful. He has the ability to inhale enemies and copy their powers. HE IS BY FAR THE BEST VIDEO GAME CHARACTER EVER! If you play the Kirby series, or even look at the box of “Kirby: Superstar Ultra”, you will find that it is physically impossible not to fall in love with him. His bright, pink, puffy appearance tells you in an instant that Kirby is near. Seriously, go to GameStop and look at the “Kirby: Superstar Ultra” box. You’ll see what I mean.