Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Who Wants To Be On TV


This past Tuesday I had an audition for WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE in New York City. It wasn't because I think I'm some kind of brainiac or something like that...I just wanted to be on TV! My audition was at 6:30pm, Jennifer and I arrived in NYC around 1:30pm so we had a little time to do some sightseeing.

First we ate lunch at some little Italian place where we paid sixty bucks for two sodas, a pizza and a small bowl of green pasta. After lunch, I discovered that I've never hailed a cab in my life! So once we figured out the fine art of getting a cab in New York we figured we would visit one of New York's greatest landmarks, World of Disney! It's basically a Walt Disney World gift shop right in the middle of New York. They had lots of great stuff that you can only get in Disney World and Disneyland and they have some exclusive NYC stuff. They also have characters there, Minnie and Cinderella were in town but had the day off!

After we dropped $100 at Disney, we walked a few blocks over to Times Square and saw some of the sights that you always see on TV like the ABC News Building, MTV's TRL Studio, and the huge Toys R Us store! From there we grabbed a cab back to where the audition was.

There were about 150 people there for the audition. We were all led to the commissary which was exactly like the fake ABC Commissary at the Disney/MGM Studios in Florida. We were all handed scantron sheets and a test and the next few minutes went pretty much like the moments leading up to the SAT. We had 10 minutes to complete 30 questions like in the show. My pencil broke after answering the first question, but I was supplied with a second pencil. The questions on the test were completely random: music, television, politics, fashion, the internet, science...there was a question about something that happened in MEN IN BLACK II and a question about the sun. There were questions about Viagara, the Pope, Gwen Stefani, daylight savings time...they were all over the place.

The tests were collected and quickly checked, and they read off the list of about 11 people that passed. The rest of us were thanked for coming and then dumped back onto the streets of New York City. My total auditioning time was about 18 minutes. I was just doing it for the experience so I wasn't that disappointed, but the guy sitting at my table that flew in from Tampa for the same 18 minutes I experienced was a bit let down!

So don't look for me on MILLIONAIRE anytime soon - Final Answer!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: