Monday, January 22, 2007

Mouse in the Morning

Some Disney Breakfast Cereal News

My wife called me from the grocery store the other day. "Honey, they've got a new Mickey Mouse cereal out. Should I pick up a box?," she asked. My answer, "Yes...and YES!" After several years with Kellogg's, Disney has now partnered up with General Mills to bring us all new breakfast treats that meet Disney's new standards in healthier choices for kids. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Berry Crunch is not as sugary sweet as it looks from the picture on the box. It's actually a kind of neat cross between Trix and Rice Crispies but after taking one bite you can tell it's not loaded with sugar like other similar cereals. I guess they spent most of their time coming up with the healthier cereal itself than the overall concept of what these little Berry Crunchies have to do with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show, but who's complaining. As I've said before, you put Mickey Mouse on your box and it's in my shopping cart!

Along with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cereal, General Mills has also introduced Little Einsteins Fruity Stars and Disney Princess Fairytale Flakes (which could be read as a put down on Snow White and Cinderella!) The Little Einsteins cereal are kind of like star shaped Fruit Loops but again not as sweet. We passed on picking up a box of the Fairytale Flakes, but next time we're at the grocery store I'll throw a box in the cart when my wife is not looking and then blame it on my kids when we get home! Speaking of the kids, they both really liked the cereals. The Little Einsteins Fruity Stars actually came out on top. Tanner (1) likes them mixed in with his Cheerios and Elias (3) gobbles them down as well. They also make great on-the-run snacks for your little ones...a la' Cheerios. The Mickey cereal is fun too! It's very colorful, but a little too small for baby fingers. It's best enjoyed in a bowl of milk! Surprisingly on the back of each box, instead of advertising the latest Disney DVD or theme park ride, there are Fun Games and nutritional information. A good "box back" is important to the over-all cereal experience! Here's a scan of the back of the Clubhouse Crunch box...






Also in Disney cereal happenings, Kellogg's just unveiled some new premiums in some of their most popular brands. Inside specially marked boxes you can get a Get Up & Go Step Counter featuring Chicken Little, Stitch, or the main mouse himself! Each step counter also has the new all-encompassing "Disney Parks" logo too!

I was happy to find a Mickey in my box! Now, on my next trip to Walt Disney World I can measure how many steps I take in a day at the parks or I can loose the little thing on the first ride I get on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Referenced at:
http://breakfastbowl.blogspot.com/2007/01/cereal-and-bloggers_24.html

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: