Friday, January 16, 2009

Alec Baldwin Should Be In Every Sequel

O.K, here me out on this one...Alec Baldwin should be in every movie sequel. Well, not every sequel, but at least one instalment of any movie franchise.

I used to think Alec Baldwin was a tool. Then when he started taking supporting roles instead of only the leading role, I started to appreciate his performances. I enjoyed some of his earlier movies like The Edge and Ghosts of Mississippi. Heck, I even co-stared with him in Thomas and the Magic Railroad. (O.K, I didn't exactly co-star. I was an extra, and you can't even see me in the finished film!) I really started to like Alec Baldwin when he voiced the bad guy Leonardo Leonardo in the ultra-short lived animated series Clerks and when he hosted Saturday Night Live many times. My true appreciation for Mr. Baldwin blossomed when I caught his supporting role in the big screen adaption of Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat. Since then I've enjoyed him a number of projects that he's taken on and of course was thrilled when he signed on to do Tina Fey's 30 Rock.

So here's the facts: Alec Baldwin has been in show business for nearly three decades. He can play heavy roles and he's got flawless comic timing! His most recent movie credit is when he was added to cast of Madagascar 2. I fell asleep trying to watch the original Madagascar three times, but was bright eyed and bushy tailed (do people still use that expression?) for Madagascar now with added Baldwin! He's got class, he's got charm...and I bet he works fairly cheap! That's why every film that goes on to produce sequels should find a role for America's treasure: Alec Baldwin.

If you're on your third or fourth movie...add him in now. If it's a first sequel, a #2 if you will, then Alec Baldwin should be on your casting list! Think about it. How great of a bad guy would Alec Baldwin make for Batman? Hey, he'd even make a great Batman! And you know Alec Baldwin as a pirate would be awesome! He'd give Johnny Depp a run for his money! New Harry Potter teacher? Alec Baldwin. Classy Bond villain? Alec Baldwin. New toy in Andy's bedroom for Toy Story 3? No doubt, the voice of Alec Baldwin.

How freakin' cool would Alec Baldwin look in a Jedi robe wielding a lightsaber? If you put Alec Baldwin in a boat and gave him a big fishing rod I'm sure he could take care of Jaws once and for all. He'd be awesome in the next Transformers movie. I bet he could even out-sass Madea!

Do you see what I mean! Every film franchise could use a hand from good ol' Alec Baldwin. I think it's Hollywood's only chance to help sagging box office receipts!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: