Monday, April 20, 2009

Bob-Howdy! I Loves Movies!

Just a random movie meme that I found on the internet. Feel free to answer any or all of these questions in the comments section!


1.Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
When I was little there were several movies that I watched a million times on HBO. The ones that stick out in my head the most are The Cannonball Run, 9 to 5, The Incredible Shrinking Woman and Popeye. In more recent years, the only two I've watched a ton of times are Ace Ventura Pet Detective - which we used to watch religiously in college, and Spice World - a movie I could never get enough of!

2.Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
My top two answers are The Little Mermaid - which I've seen 7 times at the movies, and The Flintstones which I made it to 6 times (three of them being opening day).

3.Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Woody Allen

4.Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
Jack Black, although his new one, Year One, looks pretty good.

5.Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Smokey and the Bandit - at least once a day!

6.Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
The Little Mermaid, of course. I could also do Little Shop of Horrors, but that's because I've been in the play before.

7.Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
Xanadu and The Great Muppet Caper

8.Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken is a really good movie most people haven't seen. I'm also a big fan of the under appreciated A Goofy Movie.

9.Name a movie that you own.
I just got Ducktales The Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp on DVD!

10.Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Even though he's only recently started making good movies, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a really entertaining fella!

11.Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
I know I've seen 101 Dalmatians and Mary Poppins at a drive-in when I was younger. In college, we went to a triple features of The Adventures of Pinocchio, Kingpin, and Down Periscope. (The theme was actors from Cheers) Another time we went to a double billing of Free Willy 2 and Under Siege 2.

12.Ever made out in a movie?
That is a waste of money.

13.Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
I really wanted to see the new Hairspray when it came out but didn't bother to rent the DVD. I just TiVo'ed it off HBO, so hopefully I'll get to watch it soon!

14.Ever walked out of a movie?
No, but I've thought about it in Dragonheart.

15.Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
I buy into movie theatrics so easy...it doesn't take much to make me tear up. Serious answer: Saving Private Ryan; Silly answer: Homeward Bound

16.What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Monsters vs. Aliens

17.What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Comedy...Family is a close second.

18.What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
An animated film called Once Upon A Time which has since fallen off the face of the earth.

19.What movie do you wish you had never seen?
Friday the 13th Part V - can still have nightmares about it some 20 years later!

20.What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
I was just thinking the other day about this weird movie that I saw in the theatre and really liked but I hadn't seen it since and I couldn't remember the name of it. It's a Cameron Diaz flick called A Life Less Ordinary. I don't remember much about it, but I'd like to see it again sometime.

21.What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
The previously mentioned Friday the 13th Part V, when I was 9 Poltergiest scared the ever living hell out of me!

22.What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
I've seen alot folks, I contend to this day that laugh-for-laugh Airplane! is the funniest movie ever made!

4 comments:

brian from ca said...

First of all, yes, A Goofy Movie is rad.

Secondly, we WOULD have walked out on Wing Commander but ONE of us fell asleep and could not be stirred!!!

Ed South said...

OMG! Wing Commander was so bad that I forgot all about it! At least it didn't cost us $150 to see it like when I made you run the red light on our way to see "Doug's 1st Movie". In my defense, it was his FIRST movie!!!

Unknown said...

I'll throw in my two cents and remind you that you walked out of Last Tango in Paris. You apparently did not enjoy watching a naked, paunchy Marlon Brando mumbling in French.

Ed South said...

Nice...First off, Diana: it's like the first time in 2 years you've left a comment. Nice to have you vocal! Yes....Last Tango I/we did walk out of! Good times! Wasn't that a double feature with some other piece of trash that we had just sat through!?

Holy Crap....Last Tango was GARBAGE!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: