Thursday, February 05, 2009

Sleep With Pac-Man

While most of Walt Disney World's resorts recreate a bygone time or place, Disney's Pop Century Resort celebrates the past...the past 50 years of pop culture to be exact. The 2,880 room hotel is filled with homages and tributes to some of the great stuff that's made the last 50 or so years great! There's a section of the resort for each of the decades from the 1950's up to the 1990's.

Since I've been on such a Pac-Man kick lately, here on the blog and on the Wii...I thought I'd share with you some pictures of the 1980's building of the Pop Century Resort which is a giant tribute to the little yellow guy himself. I didn't take any of these pictures, I swiped that all from Flickr...but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy them!







They even threw in a giant Rubix Cube on the end of the building to house the staircase. It's a class act I'm telling ya!

I've stayed at the Pop Century three times. Twice we stayed in the 60's building with it's day-glow flowers, giant can of Play-Doh and Yo-Yo staircases, and once we stayed in the 70's building which features a giant Mickey Mouse telephone, a humongous Big Wheel and a very large 8-track tape on the end for the stairs. In my opinion, one of the most inspired hotels in Walt Disney World!







1 comment:

Ladytink_534 said...

I think when we go to Disney World that I would love to stay at this particular resort lol! Sounds neat!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: