Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Obligatory Idol Prediction

I can't believe that I've followed the entire season of "American Idol" and what's harder to believe is that I haven't commented on it here on the blog since the very beginning. About two or three weeks ago I started to loose interest but by that point it was so close to end I felt I had to stick it out. Besides, a couple of my favorites were still hanging in there, and now as we get down to the bottom two tonight, I've got two favorites that look like they could take the prize.

One of the main reasons that I kept watching Idol after the audition shows was the unlikely choices of Taylor Hicks and Kevin Covais. They were both underdogs that didn't have the looks, but they had the talent. As the season went on there were other singers who I found very enjoyable as well, most notably Katharine McPhee and Kellie Pickler.

Tonight they announce the two contestants that go on to next weeks final show. I'm going to go on record with my prediction of Mr. Taylor Hicks our next American Idol. Taylor has never been in the bottom 2 or 3 and there seems to be some dislike of McPhee out there in the blogosphere. I'd like to see Taylor win. I think he will put out a good album and have a great career. I also would like to see Katharine win. She probably has just as much potential as Kelly Clarkson to go pretty far in the music biz.

Well, enough of me waxing philosophic! All I really wanted to do was list my favorite performances from the season. And here they are....

  • Unwritten, Alya Brown
  • Midnight Train to Georgia, Paris Bennett
  • Copacabana, Bobby Bennett
  • Reflections, Alya Brown
  • Never, Mandisa
  • Walking After Midnight, Kellie Pickler
  • Superstitious, Bucky Covington
  • Part Time Lover, Kevin Covais
  • Taking It To The Streets, Taylor Hicks
  • Fancy, Kellie Pickler
  • Bohemian Rhapsody, Kellie Pickler
  • Jailhouse Rock, Taylor Hicks
  • Think, Katharine McPhee
  • Bringing Out the Elvis, Katharine McPhee
  • Black Horse and a Cherry Tree, Katharine McPhee
  • You Are So Beautiful, Taylor Hicks
  • Over the Rainbow, Katharine McPhee

Anyone else have a list of some of their favorite performances!?!

No comments:

Mobile Version Now Available!.

Follow @edsouth on Twitter!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: